Industry News & Tips You Can Use Today
1. If you are going to be at the National Self Storage Association Orlando Convention March 14 & 15, 2018
be sure to send us an email we would love to meet up with you. Garrett@StorageAuthority.com
2. With Open Tech’s newest CIA Access Control systems you and your clients will notice the difference. Battery backs up access during power outages are no problems. And customers don’t even half to roll down the window to enter a keypad number as it will be sent directly from their cell phone. And just as important they have great prices!
3. Make sure when you order your entrance ground sign it is clear if it is one-sided or two-sided. Sounds simple but haha easy to get wrong.
4. When purchasing your facility blower, disc grinder, and shop vac go with rechargeable battery back up as you can move more efficiently throughout the facility without dragging around extension cords or worrying about your oil to gas mix on your blower.
5. Quill.com is a great place to order your office supplies and if you set up an account most orders ship free and the next day. One less stop for your manager to keep all needed supplies on hand to keep the office moving efficiently.
Self Storage Articles
1) Asset Class Returns:
According to the National Association of REIT the self–storage sector produced an average annual return of 17.43% from 1994 – 2017. For comparison here are the returns from some other REIT sectors during that same time:
Manufactured Homes: 13.27%
S&P 500: 7.54% (https://dqydj.com/sp-500-return-calculator/ )
One of the most consistently reliable commercial real estate investments? Self–storage units. And a new study showing how much Americans are willing to spend on these units each month shows just how solid this investment type can be.
Interested in self–storage rents across the country? Check out this interactive map from Life Storage. A great tool if you are trying to decide between states where to build.
With Storage Authority on your team, we will help you every single step of the way, from finding land to operations, to driving your revenue year on year. If you have a question we have the answer, we will help get you developed and lease up faster than if you were to go it alone. Team up with the experts to maximize your profits.