Storage Authority News
It has been a very busy spring construction season with multiple foundations being poured as we speak. You will want to like our facebook page for many upcoming construction photos and construction tips. https://www.facebook.com/storageauthority
Here is an early morning foundation pour for Scott’s Storage Authority Mullbury FL facility. if you look closely you will see the spacing across the foundations. This permits for beams below the foundation floor which were required due to the soil types.
Here you can see 4 pads being under construction. The project has approx. 70,000 net rentable square feet. The area to the right is for RV & Boat parking.
I always like to reward myself with a good glass of wine when the first foundation goes in on a new project. Here I am with my wife GP.
Here is a Storage Authority Houston foundation prep for pouring next week. You want the office foundation done first and the office building built first. Otherwise, your opening will be delayed a month or even two. This happens less than half the time because the plumbing (see pipes in the picture) has not been done or because the General Contractor and building manufacture were not told this was a stipulation of the contract.
Foundations Tips You Can Use Today:
- Always make sure your foundation plans show the saw cuts and that the saw cuts do not run within 1′ of a wall or down the hallway.
- Make sure the saw cuts are made with 24 hours of pouring the concrete to reduce cracks.
- Make sure the boards that create the lip at the exterior unit doors are removed the same day and any void created by trapped air is repaired while the concrete is wet.
- Make sure the concrete is sealed with 24 hours of being poured to reduce cracks. Sealing also reduces concrete dust in units.
- Make sure all these items are spelled out in your construction specifications and contracts.
- I always enjoy a good glass of wine on my first foundation of a new project. A small reward for hard work!
- Your coming soon sign should be up once the first piece of steel goes up.
- If you have not started your marketing once your first foundation goes in you are behind schedule.
As part of our Dynamic Ease Self Storage Development Series
, we help our franchisees around the development landmines, including finding land, designing, financing and building a premier self-storage facility and to understand the options and prepare accordingly.
If you want to learn more about Storage Authority Franchise there is a wealth of information on our website www.StorageAuhorityFranchise.com
Don’t forget to check out “Why Storage Authority
” and our blog/newsroom. Then the next step is to apply on our website or email or call Garrett Byrd (Garrett@StorageAuthority.com
or Direct 941-928-1354)